Department of Mechanical Engineering Education
The Department of Mechanical Engineering Education provides quality need-based training in contemporary and emerging fields through long- and short-term programs and develops demand-driven and innovative instructional resources. The department offer expertise in various projects and activities related to curriculum development, teacher training, teaching materials preparation, workshop and laboratory innovation, curriculum innovation, technology innovation, student evaluation and also developed MOOCs. Research activities and sponsored projects are also given equal emphasis and the faculty members of the department have undertaken projects and published research papers and patents. The department has started postgraduate program in Advanced production systems in 2012 to contribute more towards technology, also to cultivate and nurture the next generation of talent who will be capable enough to handle real world problems related to IR 4.0 requirements. With this view, department proposed integrated PG programme with three specialization viz. Advanced production systems and manufacturing simulations; Industrial Automation and Thermal Power Engineering & Maintenance.
VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT
Promote innovations, research and development in Mechanical Engineering Education to provide world class human resources to cater the current and future requirements of technical education system, industries, research organizations and society as a whole.
The department commits itself to accomplish following missions:
- Offer quality training to technical and vocational teachers of technical education system by offering need based short term and long term training programmes and workshops related to Mechanical Engineering and allied disciplines.
- Provide quality education to enhance employability of the students of Mechanical engineering and allied disciplines.
- Constantly expanding the horizons of the department to reflect changing technologies.
- Establish national and international networking with technical institutions and industries for improving professionalism.
- Promote innovations, engineering research and undertake research studies for overall improvement of technical education system.
- Develop outcome based curriculums and related learning resources.
- Offer demand based short term training programmes to faculty of engineering institutions and international participants in contact and online modes.
- Design long term programmes using innovative curriculum design approaches and active involvement of stakeholders.
- Design & develop outcome based curriculums of Mechanical Engineering and allied discipline courses scientifically.
- Develop variety of LRs, online courses and MOOCs based programmes.
- Offer Undergraduate, Post Graduate and Professional Certificate programmes in Mechanical Engineering discipline.
- Offer job oriented courses for the students of Mechanical engineering to enhance employability in line IR 4.0.
- Adopt experience & resource sharing with national & international institutes and industries for mutual benefits and to cope up with changing technology challenges
- Design, develop and execute short and long term programmes involving industry, professionals, and other premier institutes.
- Undertake researches in pedagogy, technology in teaching-learning, and content areas of Mechanical engineering and Technical education.
CORE STRENGTHS OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Competence to offer short term training programmes for teachers of technical institutes in pedagogy and content areas of Mechanical Engineering.
- Competence to offer management development training programmes and development of learning packages for industry personnel.
- Unique competence of integrating discipline knowledge along with curriculum development and learning resources development for technical education system of the country.
- Competence to develop outcome based curriculum for polytechnics and engineering colleges.
- Competence to meet the need for developing outcome based laboratory manuals with focus on skill development.
- Competence to develop and offer MOOCs based programmes.
- Competence to train and prepare client institutes for NBA Accreditation process.
- Supportive and motivated faculty and staff.