The department of Technical and Vocation Education (Restructured after integrating Department of Education and research (DER) and Department of Vocational Education and Entrepreneurship Development (DVE&ED) is one of the core departments of the institute, with a focus on designing and conducting long term and short term programmes for the professional development of technical teachers. In future AI, AR/VR based technologies will be integrated in training programmes to cope up with the challenges of Education 4.0.
It also includes development of learning resources (print and non-print), promoting research culture for systemic improvements and policy support at various levels.
Another key area of the department is to strengthen the linkages and provide services to national and international agencies, universities and industries.
VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT
To be a Centre of Excellence to develop competent professionals through Education and Research in Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) system, contributing for the dynamic needs of academia, industry and social world.
The department commits itself to accomplish the following:
- Develop leaders and educational managers for TVET system by offering education and training programmes.
- Address future needs education and technology at national, institutional and personal level.
- Develop instructional resources to cater to the needs of variety of learners using state of art technology.
- Promote research and innovation for rational decision making and policy formulation at different levels of TVET system.
- Collaborate and network with national and international agencies for adopting best practices and enhancing interaction with academia and industry and social world
- Provide extension and community services to harness human potential.
- Develop and conduct need based long and short term training Programmes through Contact, Online and Blended modes.
- Offer training programmes integrating AI, AR/VR based technologies to cope up with the challenges of Education 4.0.
- Guide and support research studies in TVET system
- Design capacity building programmes in research methodology for technical teachers
- Develop instructional resources for education and training programmes in Technical and Vocational areas.
- Design and implement curricular innovations and interventions in TVET System
- Offer need based services to industries and field agencies
- Enhance employability of technical graduates by developing communication skills through Language Lab.
- Undertake projects and offer consultancy services to national and International agencies and Universities
Core Strengths of the Department
The department has competence in offering programmes on
- Pedagogical practices
- Personality development
- Guidance , Counseling and Mentoring
- Emotional Intelligence
- Work ethics and positive attitude
- Communication skills
- Green Entrepreneurship
- Employability skills Development
- Women Empowerment
- Industry Institute Partnership
Expertise in conducting researches in technical education
Competence to conduct programmes through AVIEW, MOODLE, MOOCs and other online platforms
Language lab for enhancing the communication skills of Professional Teachers and technical graduates